<bgsound src="http://gracehilllodge.com/Audio/Delicate.mp3" LOOP=TRUE AUTOSTART=TRUE HIDDEN=TRUE> <NOEMBED> <BGSOUND SRC="http://gracehilllodge.com/Audio/Delicate.mp3" autostart="true" hidden="true"> <noembed><bgsound src="http://gracehilllodge.com/Audio/Delicate.mp3" LOOP=INFINITE>

Mari ber-Kepo²

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Mission I : Training Day

Date : 12-16 April 04

04 mission trip started with 5 days "intensive"( tipu 1...eat n sleep most of the time) training in CCC Malacca. 1st challenge was dividing the group. I was in team A. At first we were told that the team A will not get the chance to experience boat ride, tat was why not many ppl willing to join team A. Some ppl kena throw here n there because Pastor tried to balance up the talents or some couple issues :D After almost 1 hour of "throwing" ppl around, our 2nd advisor Mr. David Bong suddenly told us that both team actually get to experience boat ride.(wa saii ler...this fella ar....tell la earlier, I suddenly feel such a released...AT LAST I can go for my 1st boat ride!!!) Others who were in Team A feel the same as well and we were sooo excited about it ;) At last 2 teams were born!! Team A formed by Kamini,Chern Wai, Niger, Lilian, Mei Sin, John See, Ken, Grace, Janet, Bob and David Bong while Team B formed by the rest of them :P Cheerrrss~Team A !!! We started the next section by learning our 1st Iban song – Segala puji Syukur. To cut it short, during the 5 days training, we practiced 2 skits, learnt Iban worship songs, mime(eagle wings ), dance, praise and worship led by Siew Yee and Kamini, and also preparation for the children ministry. Each of us also get to preach or share our testimony for ONLY 3 minutes during the training. Funny thing was this, I just finished my opening speech, time out liao!! crap…3 minutes can be gone so fast. In conclusion, I too cheong hei (canto). David Bong was our 5 days teacher. He banyak hebat !! Since this mission team have 3 couples, he actually gave a “short course” about 5 languages of love. But then those bujangS also syok sendiri and joined that section ( ya la…I was there also, why?cannot mer, hmmphh~~) What!? You also want to know what is the 5 languages of love izzit?? Say lor…so pai sei for wat…tats y I joined then only I can share with u guys ma. Me good guy right :P ok, listen !!

1st Words of affirmation – You need to hear some sweet words to be assured tat your partner really love you.
2nd Quality Time – You want your partner to spend quality time with you, then you will feel so in love with your partner. Attention pls !! Quality time doesn’t mean just do something you like while ur partner looking n waiting for you to get ur works done.for example: guys watching football (oOoppss…to myself but too late…haihh…) and the girls sitting there tengok footballer but not the game itself and fall into temptation. OR gf go shopping and the bf look at the chun chicks.
3rd Receiving gift – by receiving gift, you will feel so happy and in love with your partner. No matter what your partner give, whether is made by him/herself or buy, you will just love it and treasure it. Doesn’t mean you’re materialistic, but be careful ;)
4th The act of service – You like your partner to serve you. For example, cook for you, massage for you, basically be your slave la. Be slave for your partner in return ok :P
5th physical touch- woahh…this one might be dangerous if you don’t control well. Touching here could be just holding hands, hug hug, or a goodbye kiss. NOT going any further ya ;) But then hug hug and goodbye kiss also not sure can or not la, you check with pastor if u’re in relationship ya :D I got nothing to do with this.

For me, the 2nd challenge would be the toilet. I thought we will only face toilet problem when we’re in Sarawak. Mana tahu b4 we go, we already faced it. Water supply not enuff !! Basically only 1 toilet can be used for bathing. The other one…once a while la when it had enuff water. Imagine so many ppl waiting for 1 toilet. Thank God no one die of shit or pee poisoning. Hehe…Dun laugh !! Really 1…if u dun trust me, try to tahan not to shit or pee, then look into the mirror n tell me what is the color of ur face ;)

As what I had just said in the beginning, this so called “intensive” training end up eating most of the time(hehe…actually not everyone involve in this makan section :P ).anyway, we should had called it Intensive makan training !! Emmm…sounds more right now. Breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper, never miss !! Except fasting 1 lunch on of one of the day. Just found out tat the “Taiwan beef noodle” near the CCC quite nice!! Hope can go back and try again. 5 days passed so fast…was I really ready for the mission?? I couldn’t answer myself either at that moment. We shall see in the following blog … … to be continued … …